Are Your Thoughts Getting in the Way of Reaching your Goal

Are Your Thoughts Getting in the Way or Reaching Your Goal?
Last week I talked about feeding your body nutritious, healthy REAL food. What is your mind feeding your body? Are you telling yourself that you will never reach your goal? Do you say to yourself "Why do I bother, it doesn't matter anyway?" Do you constantly tell yourself that working out is hard, and that you do not like it? Do you say that you hate dieting? Do you look in the mirror and pick out your every flaw, telling your body that it isn't good enough? 
Well STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!!
Those negative thoughts and messages you are sending yourself stop today! And I mean right this minute! Would you ever speak to a child that is learning to walk the way you speak to yourself? would you ever tell that baby "Don't bother getting off your butt you just fell on , walking is just too hard." Would you ever say "You are too weak to ever get up off your butt and walk, walking sucks." I know that sounds harsh but isn't that what we tell ourselves when we can't change something immediately? If we can be kind and compassionate to a child, and one that might not be our own why can't we be kind and compassionate to ourselves. 

What would happen if you told yourself each day, "I feel stronger when I workout" or "This is good for my body" or "Taking care of myself makes me feel better about me". Can anyone say that they don't feel those statements are not true? Even people that do not like to exercise can't argue with those statements. 


Has anyone ever heard of Dr. Emoto? He was a Japanese researcher who studied the effects of words on water crystals. In a nutshell he had people say loving kind words over water, some prayed over water and some said hateful disgusting things over water. His findings were that the water that was prayed over ( no matter what religion or prayer was said) the water crystals were almost perfect they were beautifully shaped geometric designs. Same thing happened to the water crystals that people spoke loving kind words over. Can you guess what happened to the water crystals that people spoke of hate and disdain over. Those water crystals were  distorted and ugly. Now think about this, our bodies are made up of 70% water. That's a whole lot of water in a body. Those water molecules can hear what you say. So you had better say something nice to yourself!! 

So let go of that negative chatter that is on a loop in your head and replace it with positive affirmations. Make sure that your statements are in the present. For example, your statement should be " I am strong" not " I will be strong". Also, be sure to really feel what you are saying. So when you say "I am strong" allow yourself to feel the strength in your body. And repeat your affirmations often throughout the day. Here are a few to start you off, but have fun making up your own.
I feel Healthy
I look Healthy
I feel Strong
I'm proud of myself
I'm proud of my accomplishments
I can do this
I am perfect whole and complete just the way I am
My body is a temple. I love and respect it.
My body deserves love and respect



TT

Comments